Read the 2019/2020 Edinburgh Research Office Activity Report.
- This year the University has seen outstanding success with European Research Council Starting Grants with 7 awards valued at £8.4m.
- Our teams worked together, under challenging circumstances, to enable the submission of many significant Covid-19 bids that have become high impact research projects.
- In 2019/20, the University secured £20.1m in ODA funding, of which the GCRF Collective Calls funding constituted almost £10m.
- In 2019/20 we have contributed, through advice and/or funding support, to the impact reported in 42 of the 92 REF case studies to be submitted from the 18 units of assessments in CAHSS.
- We welcomed the Research Grants Team to Edinburgh Research Office in January 2020, increasing our size by 30%. Our people-focused approach to change resulted in a smooth transition.
- Our Research Business Intelligence team have responded to 428 unique enquiries relating to research data and analysis from across the University, and provided the complex analysis required to support the Covid-19 response.
- 92% of colleagues feel that ‘interactions within Edinburgh Research Office are open, respectful and professional’ and 90% feel ‘there is a good level of mutual support within my team’.
Our 2019/2020 priorities, our offer to the research community and 2019/2020 in numbers.
Growing your idea together
Strengthening our researcher-focused culture, building a comprehensive front-line service, and establishing online channels to support the delivery of our service.
Promoting a positive research culture
Responsible metrics, supporting those impacted by misconduct cases, due diligence, export control and equality, diversity and inclusion.
Increasing research application activity and quality
Finding opportunities, enabling applications to specialised funding calls, demand management, mock interviews, specialist teams for success, major bids, and industry funding.
Enabling the University to win interdisciplinary research funding
Fostering research collaborations, supporting interdisciplinary centres and networks, strategic themes, and data driven innovation
Enabling research impact
ESRC Impact Acceleration Account, enhancing business engagement and enterprise in CAHSS, and public engagement.
Growing our researcher development offer
Infomation about our Strategic Leadership in Research Programme and the Academic talent strategy for research funding.
Informing and delivering strategy
Analysing the research environment, building sector and funder relationships, research insights and intelligence, provision of expertise to the Scottish Funding Council and external peer review and assessment panels