What Records Management do
The Records Management Section supports the University's compliance with information legislation and the implementation of records management best practice.
For members of the public
We coordinate responses to requests for recorded information under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations.
We also coordinate responses to requests under data protection law from individuals who wish to receive a copy of personal data about them held by the University.
For members of University staff
All University staff have information legislation responsibilities; we provide the following services and support:
- Advice, guidance and training on freedom of information requests and subject access requests under data protection law
- Procedures and advice on responding to non-routine requests for information
- Guidance to help you implement records management best practice
Please see our website for initial guidance on these topics.
If you can't find the guidance you need on our website, or you have a specific problem, please contact us with your enquiry. When we receive your enquiry it will be logged and assigned to a member of Records Management Section staff. We aim to acknowledge all enquiries within a week.
- Develop policy, for example guidelines on handling information requests
- Contribute to external policy debate on information legislation issues to influence regulators and legislators
- Run a records management system used by key University units