What is environmental information?
Environmental information has a broad definition.
It is recorded information, in any form, in any of the following areas:
- the state of elements of the environment and their interaction (air, water, soil, land and landscape, natural sites, flora and fauna)
- discharges, emissions, noise, radiation, waste
- measures and activities affecting the environment (e.g. policies, legislation, plans, activities)
- reports on implementation of environmental legislation
- cost benefit and economic analyses
- effects of the environment on conditions of human life (including food, buildings)