Buildings & Facilities Manager
With over 20 years’ experience in Facilities Management, in both the private and public sector, Sylvia joined the University of Edinburgh in 2013, first working with Information Services in the Main Library and then, from April 2015 in Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences.
As a member of the AMT, key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Estates and Buildings teams with regard to any building work, maintenance and refurbishments.
- Plan, schedule and oversee estates projects across the School.
- Develop capital project bids
Health and Safety
- Take lead in developing School Health & Safety Policy
- Liaise with University Health & Safety Department
- Co-ordinate the Work Station Plus training and Fire Awareness training
Fire Safety Management
- Ensure School complies with the University Fire Safety Unit procedures, including testing of alarm systems, Fire Risk Assessments etc
- Act as Fire Co-ordinator in the event of an evacuation
- Liaise with Security on all security related matters
- Manage Access Control Systems across the School
- Lead on space management across the School to ensure effective use of space, including office provision and furniture requirements