Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor)
- School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences
Room S27, Psychology Building
7 George Square, Edinburgh
- Post code
- EH8 9JZ
By appointment only
PSYL10141: Science of Close Relationships
Open to PhD supervision enquiries?
Current PhD students supervised
- Jiaxuan Du (Primary Supervisor)
- Ian Hajnosz (Primary Supervisor)
- Zoe Chen-Zhao (Assistant Supervisor)
- Annalyse Ellis (Assistant Supervisor)
- Andrew Ithurburn (Assistant Supervisor)
- Qian Ma (Assistant Supervisor)
Past PhD students supervised
- Dr Siyu Chen (Primary Supervisor)
- Dr Karen Twiselton (Primary Supervisor)
- Dr Mayu Koike (Assistant Supervisor)
I use a social psychological approach to understand the cognitive and affective aspects of close relationships and their effects on behavior and health and well-being. I am particularly interested in how promoting positive relationship experiences benefits close others immediately and over time. My expertise lies in a theoretically-driven, dyadic, multi-method approach to studying close relationship dynamics.
Past project grants
Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) New Investigator Grant ES/S005749/1; "Variety is the Spice of Love: Promoting Partner Responsiveness within the Relationship Ecosystem"