Educational Technology Policy Officer
Neil joined Information Services in February 2017. Before this, he worked in the Medical School's teaching and admissions offices, in Student Recruitment and Admissions, as a Warden in the student accommodation, and as a researcher in computer vision and image processing both in the School of Informatics and at Heriot-Watt University.
- PhD in signal and image processing (Heriot-Watt University, 2001)
- MSc Information Technology (Heriot-Watt University, 1996)
- BSc (Hons) Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics (Heriot-Watt University, 1993)
Responsibilities & affiliations
- Support development of academic policies for educational technologies, such as lecture recording.
- Ensure policies comply with relevant legislation and existing policy.
- Maintain awareness of developments within the sector.