Miss Maggi Laurie
Thesis title: The influence of technology on social interaction and play in autistic children
MSc Research Methods in Psychological Science (2016), University of Glasgow
MA (Hons) Psychology (2015), University of Glasgow
- Tutor, Student Selected Component 2a (SSC2a), Edinburgh Medical School
Current project grants
Chancellor's Fellow PhD Studentship (College of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinurgh)
- Scottish Autism Research Group (SARG) Education (2019)
- Scottish Child Law Centre Annual Conference - Children and Young People in the Digital Age - Protected, Respected, and Supported? (2018)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Higher Trainees National Academic Program (2018)
- Poster: Laurie, M. H., Manches, A. & Fletcher-Watson, S. (2019, June). Design implications from Cognitive Event Analysis: A case study of digitally mediated interaction in autistic children. Interaction Design & Children Conference, Boise, ID, USA.
- Poster: Laurie, M. H., Manches, A. & Fletcher-Watson, S. (2018, November). Using design-based methods with autism practitioners to enable technology-mediated social play in autistic children. Scottish Autism 50th Anniversary Conference, Glasgow, UK.
- Poster: Laurie, M. H., Manches, A. & Fletcher-Watson, S. (2018, May). Fostering real-world interaction in autistic pupils with digital technology: Design recommendations from practitioners in special education. International Society For Autism Research Annual Meeting, Rotterdam, NL.
- Poster: Laurie, M. H., Manches, A. & Fletcher-Watson, S. (2017, October). Education practitioners’ attitudes and experiences of technology use with autistic children. British Psychological Society: Psychology of Education Section Annual Conference, Edinburgh, UK.
- Poster: Laurie, M. H. & Simmons, D. R. (2017, May). Visual spatial channel bandwidth varies with autistic trait level. International Society For Autism Research Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA.