Digital Services Manager
I lead a new team responsible for providing digital services for two Schools on the Holyrood Campus, the Moray House School of Education & Sport and the University’s Centre for Open Learning, working closely with the academic, professional services and research staff to shape all aspects of the use, development and support of digital technology including technology enhanced education and data curation.
I was previously a Curation Services Officer at the Digital Curation Centre (DCC), an R&D institute with the mission to increase the capability and capacity of organisations to curate data for effective reuse. My role was to plan and manage ongoing research programmes, including EU projects (4C, EOSCpilot, RDA Europe) and University-wide projects, such as Digital Services Outreach or Research Data Services MOOC.
Before that I worked at BBC in London as a Television Media Manager advising programme-makers on media management, policies, taxonomy and research.
I also held positions at the Art Institute of Chicago and Gazeta Wyborcza (newspaper).
I hold a MA in Sociology from the University of Lodz and MSc in Information Management and Digital Preservation from the University of Glasgow.
I am also a member of a prestigious Aurora cohort and have represented the University of Edinburgh in 2017 women leadership programme.
- RDA Europe: global organisation focussed on development of infrastructure and community activities to reduce the social and technical barriers to data sharing and re-use and to promote data driven innovation worldwide https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-europe
- Digital Research Services Outreach: University-wide project to increase the visibility of data and compute services (website forthcoming)
- EOSCpilot: the first phase in the development of the European Open Science Cloud to enble reuse of data resources globally and path the way for an open innovation environment where data from publicly funded research is always open https://eoscpilot.eu/node
- DMPonline redesign: evaluation and a redesign of a web-based tool to help researchers and research support staff produce data management and sharing plans https://dmponline.dcc.ac.uk
- 4C: Collaboration to Clarify the Costs of Curation aimed to help organisations across Europe to invest more effectively in digital preservation and curation http://www.4cproject.eu