Editorial Development Officer
- University Website Programme
- Learning, Teaching and Web Services
- Information Services Group
Argyle House, Floor H West
3 Lady Lawson Street
- Post code
- EH3 9DR
Lizzie works Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, from around 10am until 3pm.
She often works remotely and is best contacted by email.
Lizzie has been with the Website Programme since 2010, starting as an Editorial Assistant. She was the lead trainer for the Programme before shifting focus to User Experience and editorial training and projects. She was the first person at the University to gain accredited UX certification.
Before working for the University, she was Comedy Editor at The Skinny magazine. She has also taken on freelance proofreading projects on and off since 2009, mostly academic theses.
Certified Professional in User Experience - Foundation Level (CPUX-F)
Responsibilities & affiliations
Contact Lizzie for help with:
- new EdWeb sites
- reviewing and analysing existing web content - what's not working and why
- defining what you need from your web content
- editorial training sessions - including Writing for the Web
- the EdWeb demonstration site
Lizzie is also the Waste Co-ordinator as part of the team's sustainability drive.
- Writing for the Web - creation of online training, 2016 onwards
- Student Services - web liaison, 2016 onwards
- EdWeb demonstration site - structure and content editor, lead publisher, 2015 onwards
- Social media training - creation and delivery, 2015
- EdWeb development project - training development, 2014
- URL committee - member, 2013-2014
- Writing for the Web - development of new course (in person), 2013
- Site appraisals - service design and liaison, 2012-2014
- Global Academies - editorial consultant, 2012-2014
- Polopoly - editorial lead on many new sites, 2010-2013