Lissette Aviles Reinoso
School of Health in Social Science
The University of Edinburgh
- Post code
- EH8 9AG
Monday - Friday
Lissette earned her Professional Degree in Nursing (RN) and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Universidad de Concepcion, Chile. Her professional experience was focused on critical care, working for many years mainly in public hospitals in the capital of Chile. She did a Diploma in Chronic Hemodyalisis at Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, specialising in acute hemodialysis therapy as well. She completed her Master of Nursing at Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile as well. Her master’s dissertation was a phenomenological study exploring the experiences of donor's families who agreed on organ donation in Chile. She worked as Associate Professor at Universidad Andres Bello, Chile, where taught subjects such as Nursing Theory, Critical Care, and Qualitative Research for undergraduates and postgraduates.
After awarded Becas Chile Scholarship by the Chilean Government, she started her PhD in Nursing Studies in 2016. Lissette's professional experience working in critical care and teaching as encouraging her passion towards linking nursing theory and practice to improve nursing care, healthcare service through a compassionate understanding of people experiences. Her PhD continues the understanding of the organ donation process but focus on the approaching families process for organ donation consent through a constructivist grounded theory study. She has a keen interest in qualitative methods, grounded theory, the social sciences, nursing theory, and ethical consideration conducting research.
- Master of Nursing (MN), Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Chile
- Bachelor of Nursing (BSN), Universidad de Concepcion, Chile
- Professional Degree in Nursing (BN), Universidad de Concepcion, Chile
Responsibilities & affiliations
- Member, European Sociological Association (2019 - Present)
- PGR Rep Nursing Studies, School of Health in Social Science, The University of Edinburgh 2018/2019
- Member, Organising Committee, Thinking Chile, UK Global Seminar, UoE Chilean Society, The University of Edinburgh (2018 and 2019 version)
- Member, Society for the study of Symbolic Interaction (2017 - Present)
- Member, Grounded Theory Group, School of Health in Social Science, The University of Edinburgh (2017 - Present)
- Member, UoE Chilean Society, The University of Edinburgh (2016 - Present)
Tutor: Nursing Life Science (2018/2019)
- Grounded Theory Symposium: A methodological discussion in developing theory. Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK. Oral Presentation: 'Conducting data collection abroad. Is it incompatible with grounded theory? How do we engage with the methodology?'
- Conference 2018 School of Health in Social Science. The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland. Oral Presentation: ‘Methodological and ethical challenges doing constructivist grounded theory in the field’.
- Global Human Caring Congress, Santiago 2018. Watson Caring Science Institute, Santiago, Chile. Poster Presentation: 'A proposal of human caring for organ donation approach in Chile'.
- Conference 2017 School of Health in Social Science. The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland. Oral Presentation: ‘Approaching families of potential organ donors: a grounded theory study’.
- III Annual International Conference on Nursing. 2017, Athens, Greece. Oral Presentation: ‘Generating social responsibility nursing through a service-learning experience". Reynaldos K., Aviles L. & Henriquez C.
- XV Pan American Nursing Research Coloquium. 2016, Mexico, Mexico. “Generating Social responsibility in nursing through a service-learning experience in Chile’. Reynaldos K, Aviles L & Henriquez C.
- XV Pan American Nursing Research Coloquium. 2016, Mexico, Mexico. Oral Presentation: “Middle range theories in nursing’. Galdames L. & Aviles L.
- III International Congress Models and Nursing Theories and Health Research. 2015, Neiva, Colombia. Key speaker. ‘Nursing Models in Critical Care Units: Step toward advanced nursing care’.
- V Latino American Nephrology Nursing Congress. 2015, Santiago, Chile. Oral Presentation ‘Experience in organ donation process, an opportunity for nursing’.
- XIV Pan American Nursing Research Coloquium. 2014, Cartagena, Colombia. Oral Presentation: ‘A change of live: Experience relatives who agreed to organ donation in Santiago, Chile’.
- Surgical Nursing Symposium in II International Course “New frontiers in minimally invasive surgery: challenges of the XXI century”. 2014, Santiago, Chile. Oral Presentation: “A change of live: Experience relatives who agreed to organ donation in Santiago’.
- III International Congress Models and Nursing Theories and Health Research. 2015, Neiva, Colombia. Key speaker invited by the UNISANGIL: ‘Nursing Models in Critical Care Units: Step toward advanced nursing care’. https://www.usco.edu.co/congresos/congreso_enfermeria.php
- Thinking Chile and Latin America: Sharing ideas in Edinburgh 2019 and Track One Health for Latin American Development. February 2019. The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK. Organiser Committee. Check link: https://sites.google.com/view/thinking-chile-2019/page
- Grounded Theory Workshop with Professor Tony Bryant. June 2018. The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK. Organiser Committee SHSS Grounded Theory Group.
- Thinking Chile: Sharing ideas in Edinburgh 2018. The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK. Organiser Committee. Check the link: https://sites.google.com/view/thinkingchile/page
- Consortium of European Research on Emotion (CERE) Conference 2018. April 2018, Glasgow, UK.
- Annual Conference 2017 Society for study of symbolic interaction. Grounded Theory Workshop with Professor Kathy Charmaz. August 2017, Montreal, Canada
- In-depth knowledge of the role of the clinical mentor. Soto C, Avilés L, Lucchini C, Soto P. Invest. Educ. Enferm. 2017; 35(3): 356-363 http://www.scielo.org.co/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0120-53072017000300356
- Chapter. Social responsibility of health care organizations and the role of the nursing professional. Handbook of Research on Social Entrepreneurship and Solidarity Economics. Reynaldos K. & Aviles L. Published by IGI Global 2016. (Idea Group Inc., including the Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index).https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/social-responsibility-of-healthcare-organizations-and-the-role-of-the-nurse/153254
- Meaning of quality of life in patients on haemodialysis. Herbias L, Aguirre R, Bravo H & Aviles L. Enferm Nefrol.2016; 19(1): 37-44.http://scielo.isciii.es/scielo.php?script=sci_abstract&pid=S2254-28842016000100005
- Life lessons of eight families donating organs of deceased family members. Avilés L, Rivera MS & Catoni M. Rev Med Chile. 2014; 142: 702-706. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25327314
- Nursing models in critical care units: Step toward advanced nursing care. Avilés L & Soto C. Enfermería Global 2014; 34 (4): 323- 329. http://scielo.isciii.es/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1695-61412014000200015
- Technology in an outpatient chemotherapy center and advanced practice nursing: observational study. Soto C, Avilés L & Robledo C. Medwave 2012; 12(11): e557 http://www.medwave.cl/medios/medwave/Diciembre2012/PDF2/medwave.2012.11.5573.pdf