Jiayin Gao is a postdoctoral RA working on the project EVOTONE (The emergence and evolution of linguistic tones), led by Dr. James Kirby.
She received her PhD at Université Paris 3 - Sorbonne Nouvelle.
Areas of interest for supervision
I can be involved in the supervision of a project within my immediate research interest/expertise. However, my current position does not allow me to be a lead supervisor.
Current PhD students supervised
Involved in supervising William Peralta (lead: James Kirby).
- Consonant-tone interactions in general
- Link between production and perception
- Tone, voicing, and phonation types
- Shanghai Chinese (PhD research with Prof. Pierre Hallé)
- Tamang (collaboration with Prof. Martine Mazaudon)
- Interaction between VOT and pitch
- Tokyo Japanese, Seoul Korean (collaboration with Arai Lab, Sophia University)
- More crosslinguistic comparisons (current work on EVOTONE, led by Dr. James Kirby)