Senior Content Designer (Content Operations)
Jennifer works in the Prospective Student Web Content Team overseeing and coordinating the annual degree finder cycles with her team in Content Operations. The Content Operations team also provides support throughout the year maintaining the degree finder and related websites, as well as contributing to content improvement projects.
- Content operations and review cycles
- Cross-team communication and collaboration
- The ins and outs of SharePoint for documentation, communication and organisation
- Mentorship and professional development
- Getting the balance right as a working parent
After six years with the Business School as Web Editor and later Digital Content Officer, Jennifer joined the Prospective Student Web Content Team as a Senior Content Designer in January 2023.
Alongside her studies and employment with the University, she has also worked on after-school tutoring for primary and secondary age children, and in various journalism roles.
Jennifer studied for her undergraduate MA Fine Art at ECA and the University of Edinburgh before studying for her PhD in History of Art at the University from 2012-2016. Her thesis was titled 'Imaging the Invisible: Visualising the Dream in Medieval Manuscripts and Incunables of the Roman de la Rose, c.1275-1540'.
While studying for her PhD, she led History of Art seminars for undergraduate students, focusing on the period c.600-1500 and on topics including Medieval European, Islamic and Chinese arts.
Jennifer coordinates the update cycles for the undergraduate and postgraduate degree finders working alongside colleagues in the Prospective Student Web Content Team and across the Schools and Colleges.
She also contributes to the new future degree finders project along with other stakeholders.
In her previous role at the University, Jennifer also worked on:
- a new intranet for the Business School, powered by SharePoint hosting guidance, School News and providing support and training to its users
- creating a Content Review Cycle for maintaining and updating website content across the School's web estate
- compliance with UK GDPR and Accessibility legislation across School websites