J.P. Fassnidge (LLM)
Thesis title: Moral Scepticism and Criminal Law: A Theory of Criminalisation
British-Chilean lawyer, originally from Bournemouth and then lived in Santiago, Chile for several years. I did my undergraduate studies in law at the Universidad Alberto Hurtado in Chile and got my lawyer's degree in 2017. I worked at the same law school primarily in the criminal procedure department as an assistant professor teaching criminal procedure, evidence and litigation and later as a postgraduate coordinator for the school's criminal litigation programmes. I then continued my studies at the University of Edinburgh, doing an LLM in Criminal Law and Criminal Justice in 2017/2018. I am currently doing a PhD at the School of Law in the University of Edinburgh.
Bachelor in Law (Licenciado en Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales), Universidad Alberto Hurtado
Lawyer, Chilean Supreme Court
LLM Criminal Law and Criminal Justice, University of Edinburgh
Criminal Law (Ord.)
Introduction to Criminal Justice
Critical Legal Thinking
Criminal law theory
Philosophy of Criminal Law
Ethics and Normative Theory
Affiliated research centres
- Criminal Law Discussion Group - Founder and Co-Convenor
- Legal Theory Research Group - Co-Convenor
- III International Law Colloquiums, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, September 2013: “Corporate Responsibility and International Law: Analysis in light of Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Petroleum Co.”
- IV International Law Colloquiums, Universidad Católica del Norte (Coquimbo, Chile), September 2014: “Illegal Evidence and International Criminal Procedure, a study based on EU Case Law”.
- V International Law Colloquiums, Universidad de Chile, September 2015: “The Kenyatta Case: current problems in criminal procedure, international cooperation and due process”.
- Invited Lecturer, Universidad Católica del Norte (Antofagasta, Chile), 2016: Invited lecture titled “Law and Music, the performing lawyer”, within the “Law and Art” project of the University.
- “ANÁLISIS DE LA PRUEBA” (Analysis of Evidence), ANDERSON, T., SCHUM, D., TWINING, W.: Translation coordinated by Flavia Carbonell and Claudio Agüero, with the collaboration of Daniela Accatino, Federico Arena, Rodrigo Coloma, Juan Pablo Fassnidge and Jorge Larroucau. Marcial Pons, Madrid, 2015
- “CÓDIGO PROCESAL PENAL COMENTADO CON JURISPRUDENCIA, AÑO 2014/2015” – Coordinator: Rafael Blanco, Thompson Reuters, 2015