J.P. Fassnidge (LLM)
Thesis title: Moral Scepticism and Criminal Law: A Theory of Criminalisation
I am a British-Chilean lawyer, originally from Bournemouth and then lived in Santiago, Chile for several years. I did my undergraduate studies in law at the Universidad Alberto Hurtado in Chile and got my lawyer's degree in 2017. I worked at the same law school primarily in the criminal procedure department as an assistant professor teaching criminal procedure, evidence and litigation and later as a postgraduate coordinator for the school's criminal litigation programmes. I then continued my studies at the University of Edinburgh, doing an LLM in Criminal Law and Criminal Justice in 2017/2018. I am currently doing a PhD at the School of Law in the University of Edinburgh.
Bachelor in Law (Licenciado en Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales), Universidad Alberto Hurtado
Lawyer, Chilean Supreme Court
LLM Criminal Law and Criminal Justice, University of Edinburgh
Criminal law theory
Philosophy of Criminal Law
Ethics and Normative Theory
- III International Law Colloquiums, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, September 2013: “Corporate Responsibility and International Law: Analysis in light of Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Petroleum Co.”
- IV International Law Colloquiums, Universidad Católica del Norte (Coquimbo, Chile), September 2014: “Illegal Evidence and International Criminal Procedure, a study based on EU Case Law”.
- V International Law Colloquiums, Universidad de Chile, September 2015: “The Kenyatta Case: current problems in criminal procedure, international cooperation and due process”.
- Invited Lecturer, Universidad Católica del Norte (Antofagasta, Chile), 2016: Invited lecture titled “Law and Music, the performing lawyer”, within the “Law and Art” project of the University.
- “ANÁLISIS DE LA PRUEBA” (Analysis of Evidence), ANDERSON, T., SCHUM, D., TWINING, W.: Translation coordinated by Flavia Carbonell and Claudio Agüero, with the collaboration of Daniela Accatino, Federico Arena, Rodrigo Coloma, Juan Pablo Fassnidge and Jorge Larroucau. Marcial Pons, Madrid, 2015
- “CÓDIGO PROCESAL PENAL COMENTADO CON JURISPRUDENCIA, AÑO 2014/2015” – Coordinator: Rafael Blanco, Thompson Reuters, 2015