Research Communications Coordinator
Creating, developing and implementing projects and activities to communicate the School's research to a variety of audiences, from current staff to different groups of the public.
Main areas include:
Research communication and public engagement
- planning, producing and editing podcasts, videos and blogs (including Forward Thinking)
- writing and fielding enquiries on news articles for the School website
- the first point of contact for School staff interested in public engagement (including science festivals) - advising on activities, audiences and communication plans
- supporting delivery of online events - advising on platform suitability, delivering training and providing facilitation
- developing communication templates and providing support to School research centres and projects in their use (e-newsletters, posters, signage)
- designing, developing and maintaining Knowledge Exchange, Impact and Engagement sections of the School intranet.
- managing the School's social media presence in relation to research activity and impact
- managing the School's PhD student ambassadors
- the first point of contact in supporting, training and advising School research centres or projects
- advising on social media best practice for funding applications
Student recruitment and experience
- Coordinating research- and student-focused communications with the wider Marketing & Communications- and Student Experience teams.
- Supporting communication activities and events linked to student recruitment (including open days).