Heinz Giegerich (FRSE)
Professor Emeritus of English Linguistics
- 3 Charles Street, Edinburgh
- Post code
- EH8 9AD
- Metrical phonology and phonological structure: German and English (= Cambridge Studies in Linguistics; 43). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1985.
- English phonology: an introduction (Cambridge Textbooks in Linguistics). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1992.
- Lexical strata in English: morphological causes, phonological effects (= Cambridge Studies in Linguistics; 89). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Lexical structures: compounding and the modules of grammar (= Edinburgh Studies in Theoretical Linguistics; 1). Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2015.
General editor, Edinburgh Textbooks on the English Language (Edinburgh University Press)
- General editor, Advanced Edinburgh Textbooks on the English Language (Edinburgh University Press)
- Co-editor (with Laurie Bauer and Gregory Stump), Word Structure vols 1 (2008) - 10 (2017). (Edinburgh University Press)
- MA in English Linguistics, General Linguistics, English Literature: Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, 1978
- PhD in English Language, University of Edinburgh, 1983
Responsibilities & affiliations
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Trustee of the Scottish Language Dictionaries
Open to PhD supervision enquiries?
Phonological and morphological theory, especially in relation to English