Haoxiang (Harry H.X.) WANG has joined the University of Edinburgh as an Honorary Fellow since June 2021, working with Professor Stewart Mercer on a joint UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) – the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) research project entitled "Transforming Primary Care in Scotland and China to meet the needs of an ageing population - are health inequalities being tackled?"
Harry gained a PhD in Public Health with 'The Best Ph.D. Thesis Award (2012)' at the JC School of Public Health and Primary Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) in October 2012, and was immediately appointed as Lecturer at CUHK (2012-2015). While in Hong Kong he had a research attachment at the Department of Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, UK with an award received under the CUHK Global Scholarship Programme for Research Excellence (2010-11), and further carried out post-doctoral studies in multimorbidity at General Practice and Primary Care, University of Glasgow, UK with the Fellowship awarded under the Hong Kong-Scotland Partners in Post Doctoral Research (2012/13), launched by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in collaboration with the Scottish Government, UK.
Meanwhile, Harry is an Associate Professor at the School of Public Health, Sun Yat-Sen University, P.R. China, where he has obtained a series of competitive grants as Principal Investigator, from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) – a nationally-recognised funding agency – as well as other regionally-recognised academic funds, to conduct primary care research on risk factors in health and diseases, process of care, and its association with cardiovascular disease and multimorbidity from epidemiology and health service perspectives.
- International Fellow, Japanese Society of Hypertension (2021)
- Fellow, International Society of Hypertension (2020)
- Fellow, Academy of Translational Medicine Professionals, European Society for Translational Medicine (2020)
- Fellow, Royal Society for Public Health (2016)
- Professional Member, International Society of Hypertension (2016)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, General Practice and Primary Care, Institute of Health and Wellbeing, University of Glasgow, UK (2013)
- Ph.D. in Public Health, JC School of Public Health and Primary Care, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR (2012)
- Research Fellow, International Society of Hypertension (2012)
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, UK (2011)