Senior Teaching Fellow in Japanese
Fumiko Narumi-Munro teaches Japanese language to undergraduate students (Years 1 to 4) as well as being the course organiser for first year students and Year Abroad coordinator for Japanese Honours students. She also became the coordinator for the e-Learning project HANABI in 2009.
Over the past years she was nominated for the EUSA Teaching Award, and she won the EUSA Innovative Teaching Award in the academic year 2011-2012, and the EUSA Best Course Award for Japanese 2A, jointly with Japanese 2B, in the year 2012-13 .
Japanese Language 1
Japanese Language 2
Japanese Language 3
Japanese 4 Oral
Practical Japanese 1
Practical Japanese 2
Her research interests include teaching Japanese as a foreign language, modern/contemporary art, in particular Pop art, popular culture, e-Learning and game-based learning.
- Research in a Nutshell (a 1-minute video presentation on UoE's website): https://media.ed.ac.uk/media/Fumiko+Narumi+Munro-Asian+Studies-Research+In+A+Nutshell-School+of+Literatures%2C+Languages+and+Cultures-12+07+2012/1_59vpycfn
- Fumiko Narumi-Munro, Wilma Alexander, Akiko Hemmi, Helen Parker, Yoko Yamauchi (née Takahashi), Paper presentation (in Japanese): 'INTERACTIVE LANGUAGE LEARNING VIA NINTENDO DSi' at the 5th International Conference on Computer Assisted Systems For Teaching & Learning Japanese (CASTEL-J), Nagoya University of Foreign Studies, 20-22 August 2012.http://2012castelj.kshinagawa.com/proceedings/Koutou/21/21_2_4_narumi.pdf
- E-Learning@ed2011 (April 2011): poster session
- 13th BATJ Annual Conference (Sept. 2010): poster session
- Innovating e-Learning 2010 online conference (Nov. 2010): Have-a-Go session
- Online Japanese Language tutoring with Nintendo DSi console: Report on HANABI project and demonstration. Invited talk at Gakushuin University in Tokyo (11 July 2011)
- Paper demonstration: HANABI project: games consoles and beyond at the 14th BATJ Annual Conference (9-10 September 2011) Oxford, UK
- Fumiko Narumi-Munro, Wilma Alexander, Akiko Hemmi, Helen Parker, Yoko Yamauchi (née Takahashi), Paper presentation: HANABI project at ICT for Language Learning Conference, 4th edition (20-21 October 2011).http://www.pixel-online.net/ICT4LL2011/conferenceproceedings.php