Dr Emily Oxley
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Love to Read)
- Moray House School of Education and Sport, IECS
- University of Edinburgh
- Email: email@example.com
Moray House School of Education and Sport
- University of Edinburgh (Holyrood Campus)
- Post code
- EH8 8AQ
I'm currently a Research Fellow on The Nuffield Foundation project: Love to Read: A co-designed intervention to motivate and engage child readers.
Before joining the University of Edinburgh, I worked as a Research Associate at The University of Leeds on the DART (Dynamic Assessment of Reading Test) project.
- BA (hons) Modern Foreign Languages, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, 2012
- Postgraduate Certificate of Education, University of Sunderland, 2013
- MA Linguistics (Language Acquisition), University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, 2015
- PhD Psychology, University of Leeds, 2019 (ESRC Funded)
My research involves working with children for whom English is an additional language, with special educational needs or those from areas of high social deprivation, crossing the disciplines of psychology, language learning and education. I am currently working on reading motivation and enagement for children between the ages of 8-11.