Daniele Falcioni obtained his Master’s Degree in 'Italian & European Studies at the Sapienza', University of Rome, in 2015, with a dissertation on Girolamo Bartolommei and his "Drammi musicali" (1656). His current PhD research at the University of Edinburgh focuses on the early printed auto-anthologies of opera librettos in Italy (1631-1656).
In addition to his academic studies, he taught Creative Writing in Italian (2015-21).
Daniele is also a published poet and writer.
- Master’s Degree in Language & Literature: Italian & European Studies | 2015, Sapienza Università di Roma
- Bachelor’s Degree in Literature, Music & Performing Arts | 2009, Sapienza Università di Roma
Responsibilities & affiliations
- Course Organiser for Italian 1, Oral for Italian, Foundation Italian Language 2, Guided Socio-Cultural Studies (Italian)
- Tutor for Italian language courses
- Viaggio in Italia fra Letteratura e Melanconia (1807-2005) | Italian 3, Guided Language Study (2020-21)
- In Other Words: Jhumpa Lahiri and “her” Italian Short Stories | Italian 1, Cultural Studies (2021-22)
Daniele has also taught Italian language courses at all undergraduate levels and supervised dissertations in Italian.
Page unavailable | The University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh
Page not found
Sorry, the University of Edinburgh website is currently unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to resolve the problem soon. Further details may be available from our Service Status page.
If you need advice quickly, the University main phone number is +44 (0)131 650 1000.
MyEd may still be available.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright © The University of Edinburgh.
Member of the 'Italian Literature International Observatory': https://site.unibo.it/ilio/en.
- Sapienza, University of Rome, April 16, 2019. Musicology: 'Verso Metastasio: le prime cinque auto-antologie di melodrammi da leggere (1631-1656)'.
- University of Edinburgh, February 8, 2021. 'Melanconia e Boito. I monologhi di Amleto, Mefistofele e Jago'.
- University of Edinburgh, June 26-28, 2019 SIS Biennal Conference: 'Opera as “poesia per musica”: Musical-poetic choices in Seicento Italy' (panel organiser).
- University of Bologna, May 12-13, 2022. Italian Literature International Observatory: 'I “Racconti italiani” chiamati a raccolta da Jhumpa Lahiri: una sorta di gioco del rovescio'.
- University of Edinburgh, June 26-28, 2019. SIS Biennial Conference: 'Tragicomic Melancholy, Poetry and Music in Bartolommei's "Drammi Musicali" (1656)'.
- Italian Cultural Institute (Edinburgh), October 10, 2018. L’italiano (e le sue varietà) nella rete: problemi descrittivi e aspetti di carattere generale: 'Il laboratorio di social writing Voci nuove'.
- University of Cambridge (UK), September 20-21, 2018. Intersections: Between Music and Theatre in Seicento Italy: 'Benedetto Ferrari's "Poesie drammatiche" (1644): A Literary Enterprise Within the Musical Theatre'.
- ‘Poesia e Musica nei “Drammi musicali” di Girolamo Bartolommei. Prime inquisizioni’ (Bollettino di Italianistica, n.s., XV, 2018, 1, pp. 111-19).