Thesis title: Comprehension and production of Mandarin passives in L1 children with and without specific language impairment and child heritage speakers
2019 - PhD Linguistics and English Language, The University of Edinburgh
Project (working title): Comprehension and production of Mandarin passives in L1 children with and without specific language impairment and child heritage speakers
2018 - 2019 MSc Linguistics (graduate with distinction), The University of Edinburgh
Dissertation title: Comprehension and production of Mandarin passive in child heritage speakers, The role of morpho-syntactic cue (Supervised by Dr Vicky Chondrogianni)
2014 - 2018 BA Business Administration and English Literature (graduate with distinction)
Dissertation title: A study of Business English neologisms from a morphological perspective (Supervised by Prof. Wei WANG)
Responsibilities & affiliations
- Volunteer at Bilingualism Matters
- Memember of the National Autistic Society
Tutor of Linguistics and English Language 1B (Semester 2)
Tutor of Child Bilingualism: Language and Cognition (Semester 2)
Tutor in the PPLS Writing Centre
Tutor in PPLS Writing Centre
First language acquisition; Second language acquisition; Language impairment; Heritage language acquisition; Child bilingualism; Syntactic processing in language comprehension and production; Eye-movement during reading and listening (both children and adults).
- Generative Syntax
Mandarin Syntax; Syntactic theory; Syntactic variation and change.
Current research interestsMy current research centres on the morpho-syntactic acquisition and processing of child population (especially Mandarin-speaking), including typically-developing and language-impaired monolinguals and bilingual children.
Past research interestsI am also interested in Mandarin syntax from a generative perspective and Chinese dialects under the influence of Mandarin.
Affiliated research centres
- May 2019, Poster Presentation " A new syntactic analysis of Mandarin Passives" at the 7th Mancherster Forum in Linguistics (mFiL), 2019, Manchester, UK
- Manchester Forum in Linguistics (mFiL), 2019, Manchester, UK
- Linguistics and English Language Postgraduate Conference 2019 (LELPGC19), 2019, Edinburgh, UK
- Bilingualism Matters Research Symposium (BMRS), 2019, Edinburgh, UK
- Experimental Pragmatics: Theory, Methods, Interfaces (DGfs Xprag.de), 2019, Berlin, Germany