Digital Engagement Officer
- Educational Design and Engagement
- Learning, Teaching and Web
- Information Services Group
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am the Digital Engagement Officer working for the University of Edinburgh’s Online Learning Marketing Team. My main role is to promote the University’s online masters programmes and free short online courses / MOOCs.
• BA Media, Communication, and Cultural Studies - Newcastle University
• MSc Marketing - The University of Edinburgh
Responsibilities & affiliations
• Creating and executing marketing plans to promote online programmes
• Developing effective digital content for paid advertising, organic social media, email marketing, website pages, outreach support, and online events
• Analysing and reporting on data and insights relating to digital channels
• Engagement with the online learning marketing staff community and external stakeholders
- Amplify the authentic student voice in university marketing (Times Higher Education)
- Four ways to address breakout room anxiety (Times Higher Education)
- Making climate change solutions accessible through free online courses: Q&A with Dr Erika Warnatzsch (Teaching Matters)
I lead a monthly webinar "TikToks and Instagram Reels: Creating Engaging Short-Form Video" open to staff under the Digital Skills Programme.
In a cluttered digital landscape where content must grab a user’s attention within mere seconds, short-form video like TikToks and Instagram Reels are key to engage with current and prospective students.
In this session you will learn:
- What the short-form video format is and its monumental impact on social media
- Perks of using short-form video in marketing
- Examples of how short-form video has been used in the context of higher education
- Theoretical aspects of creating and editing a short-form video, but also practical video production tips you can apply immediately
The session is suitable for staff in all roles. There are no prerequisites for this event, although a background in marketing would be useful.