Information on equipment disposal, recycling and exchange.
The Estates Department Recycling and Waste section is co-ordinating the WARPit facility to help allow redundant equipment to be advertised, and exchanged or soldwithin the University of Edinburgh.
The aims of this facility are:
- To reduce the deterioration of capital equipment through disuse
- To reduce the amount of waste created through redundant equipment being discarded
- To enable departments to recover some of their outlay on equipment that is no longer needed
- To reduce the necessity for money and resources to be expended on buying new items which are already available within the University
- To comply with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations
Follow the links for further information and guidance.