Professor Richard Kenway
Richard Kenway is Tait Professor of Mathematical Physics and Vice-Principal High Performance Computing.
Areas of responsibility as Vice-Principal High Performance Computing
- Delivery by the University and by UoE HPCX Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary company of the University, of high performance computing (HPC) and data services to the UK academic community
- Oversight of the strategy for exploiting advances in HPC, data science and artificial intelligence (AI) to benefit the research of the University and to maximise its impact
- Advice on the ethical use of data and AI technologies
- The University’s participation in The Alan Turing Institute, the UK centre for data science and AI
Works closely with the Senior Vice-Principal, Vice-Principal Planning, Resources and Research Policy, Vice-Principal Data Science, Assistant Principal Computational Science and Assistant Principal Industry Engagement.
University level committee membership
- University Executive
- AI and Data Ethics Advisory Board (chair)
Richard Kenway's assistant is Carol Borthwick.