A dedicated library at 7 George Square.
- Quiet study spaces with power sockets in rooms G1 and G4.
- Wifi (eduroam) throughout the library.
- Open access PC and EdPrint Multifunction Device (photocopy/print/scan) in Room G5
- Search tool for Edinburgh University Library DiscoverEd
For the week beginning Monday 5 December the library will be staffed Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- The Library is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- The Library is staffed
- Tuesdays 9am to 5pm
- Wednesdays 9am to 5pm
- Thursdays 9am to 12.30pm
- The library is open to all when the librarian is working but open only to PPLS staff and students (including undergraduates) via swipe access when it is not staffed. Ask the librarian for further information.
- Different staffing times apply during University vacations.
- All University readers may borrow books.
- Enquiries or requests for books outside staffing times can be made by University readers by filling out the simple form below. External readers should email the librarian directly. Your enquiry will be answered promptly when the librarian is next working.
- Loan due dates for PPLS Library items will be set to accommodate this library's staffing times.
- Books from PPLS Library may be borrowed. Books held on open shelves are standard loan, short loan books are available from the librarian's office.
- Please fill out one of the borrowing slips and leave it in the secure box provided in the reading room. Your loan will be entered on your library record later. Loan dates will be set to accommodate part-time staffing.
- Please return books to the 'Returned Books' box outside the library.
Contact us through an online sign language interpreter
British Sign Language (BSL) users can contact the University of Edinburgh via Contact Scotland BSL, the online British Sign Language video relay interpreting service.