Psychology and philosophy library
A dedicated library at 7 George Square
This library is staffed part-time during the vacation. The library will be open on the following days. No fines will be levied on books due back when the library was closed.
- Tuesday 31 - 9am to 1pm
- Thursday 2 - 9am to 1pm
- Wednesdays 15, 22, 29 - 9am to 1pm
- Wednesdays 13, 20, 27 - 9am to 1pm
- Tuesday 2 and Thursday 4 - 9am to 1pm
- Tuesday 9 and Thursday 11 - 9am to 1pm
- Tuesday 16 and Thursday 18 - 9am to 1pm
- Tuesday 23 and Thursday 25 - 9am to1pm
- Tuesday 30 - 9am to 1pm
- Wednesday 31 - 9am to 4pm
- Thursday 1 - 9am to 4pm
- Tuesday 6 - 9am to 5pm
- Thursday 8 - 9am to 5pm
From Monday 12 September the library will be staffed full-time.
Contact the librarian directly
- Quiet study spaces with power sockets in rooms G1 and G4.
- Wifi (eduroam) throughout the library.
- Networked printing and photocopier, with computer for student use in room G5.
- Search tool for Edinburgh University Library DiscoverEd
- If the University Library doesn't have what you are searching for, consult Library Resources Plus
Owing to the nature of our library space and the continued need to make it safe for everyone, the library will be running a more restricted service than usual. Our apologies for this inconvenience.
- The Library is open on from 9.15am to 4.45pm on weekdays only during semester.
- In line with current Scottish Government guidance please wear face coverings, use our hand sanitising stations, and use cleaning materials provided to clean desk surfaces and computer accessories. University policy on face coverings.
- For readers who cannot attend the library in person the University Library offers a Scan and Deliver Service. For other queries Email PPLS Librarian for advice.
- All University readers may borrow books when it is staffed. Enquiries or requests for books outside staffing hours can be made by email and will be answered promptly when the librarian is next working.
- During University vacations the library is staffed part-time.
Out of hours access
Regrettably owing to a building problem, out of hours access has been temporarily suspended. PPLS is working to reinstate this access as soon as possible.
Unfortunately external readers cannot currently use this library in person. Email enquiries may be made to the PPLS Librarian.
- Books from PPLS Library may be borrowed. Books held on open shelves are standard loan, short loan books are available from the librarian's office
- Please fill out one of the borrowing slips and leave it in the secure box provided in the reading room. Your loan will be entered on your library record later. This measure is to help reduce delays and unnecessary close contact between staff and students.
- Please return books to the 'Returned Books' box outside the library.
Ask the librarian for further information on borrowing rules.
All print journals are for reference use only.