Psychology and philosophy library
A dedicated library at 7 George Square
- Quiet study spaces with power sockets in rooms G1 and G4.
- Wifi (eduroam) throughout the library.
- Open access PC and EdPrint Multifunction Device (photocopy/print/scan) in Room G5
- Search tool for Edinburgh University Library DiscoverEd
This library is staffed part-time during the vacation.
PPLS staff and students have access using their swipe cards when the library is unstaffed. Other readers may email the librarian K.Fleet@ed.ac.uk to make an enquiry or should visit when the library is staffed.
The library will be staffed on the following days:
Tuesday 30 9am-5pm
Wednesday 31 9am-5pm
Wednesdays 7, 21, 28 9am-1pm
Wednesdays 12, 19, 26 9am-1pm
Tuesday 1 and Wednesday 2 9am-1pm
Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 9am-1pm
Tuesday 15 and Wednesday 16 9am-1pm
Tuesday 22 and Wednesday 23 9am-1pm
Tuesday 29 9am-5pm
Wednesday 30 9am-5pm
Thursday 31 9am-12.30pm
Tuesday 12 9am-5pm
Wednesday 13 9am-5pm
Thursday 14 9am-12.30pm
Week beginning Monday 18 September library is staffed Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- The Library is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- The Library is staffed
- Tuesdays 9am to 5pm
- Wednesdays 9am to 5pm
- Thursdays 9am to 12.30pm
- The library is open to all when the librarian is working but open only to PPLS staff and students via swipe access when it is not staffed. Ask the librarian for further information.
- Different staffing times apply during University vacations.
- All University readers may borrow books.
- Enquiries or requests for books outside staffing times can be made by University readers by filling out the simple form below. External readers should email the librarian directly. Your enquiry will be answered promptly when the librarian is next working.
Request a book or make an enquiry
- Loan due dates for PPLS Library items will be set to accommodate this library's staffing times.
- To minimise the spread of Covid-19 in line with current Scottish Government rules please keep the windows open and in accordance with its guidance please wear face coverings, use our hand sanitising stations, and use cleaning materials provided to clean desk surfaces and computer accessories.
Covid-19 - Using the library in 2022-23.
- Books from PPLS Library may be borrowed. Books held on open shelves are standard loan, short loan books are available from the librarian's office.
- Please fill out one of the borrowing slips and leave it in the secure box provided in the reading room. Your loan will be entered on your library record later. Loan dates will be set to accommodate part-time staffing.
- Please return books to the 'Returned Books' box outside the library.
- School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences
- Work: +44(0)131 650 3439
- Email: K.Fleet@ed.ac.uk
Contact us through an online sign language interpreter
British Sign Language (BSL) users can contact the University of Edinburgh via Contact Scotland BSL, the online British Sign Language video relay interpreting service.
Find out more on the Contact Scotland BSL website