Psychology and philosophy library
A dedicated library at 7 George Square
Contact the librarian directly
- Quiet study spaces with power sockets in rooms G1 and G4.
- Wifi (eduroam) throughout the library.
- Open access PC and EdPrint Multifunction Device (photocopy/print/scan) in Room G5
- Search tool for Edinburgh University Library DiscoverEd
- If the University Library doesn't have what you are searching for, consult Library Resources Plus
- The Library is open on weekdays 9am to 5pm.
- The library is open to all when the library is staffed but open only to PPLS staff, postgraduates and years 3 and 4 undergraduates when it is not staffed via swipe access. Ask the librarian on your first visit for further information.
- All University readers may borrow books. Enquiries or requests for books outside staffing hours can be made by email and will be answered promptly when the librarian is next working.
- Loan due dates for PPLS Library items always will be set to accommodate this library's staffing times.
- For readers who cannot attend the library in person the University Library offers a Scan and Deliver Service. For other queries Email PPLS Librarian for advice.
- To minimise the spread of Covid-19 in line with current Scottish Government rules please keep the windows open and in accordance with its guidance please wear face coverings, use our hand sanitising stations, and use cleaning materials provided to clean desk surfaces and computer accessories.
- Books from PPLS Library may be borrowed. Books held on open shelves are standard loan, short loan books are available from the librarian's office
- Please fill out one of the borrowing slips and leave it in the secure box provided in the reading room. Your loan will be entered on your library record later. Loan dates will be set to accommodate part-time staffing.
- Please return books to the 'Returned Books' box outside the library.
Ask the librarian for further information on borrowing rules.
All print journals are for reference use only.
Student dissertations held by the library.
Find literature and resources for your study and research.