Postgraduate professional development and research training seminars
Research and professional support for postgraduate students and early-career faculty
Seminars for advanced PhD students
The department hosts regular professional development seminars where members of faculty share advice about research, teaching, and other skills required for an academic career.
This semester's seminars TBA.
Seminars for new PhD students
The Philosophy Proseminar is a fortnightly seminar for 1st year PhD students. A different faculty member will lead a discussion on a recent or classic philosophy paper in their area of expertise. As a Proseminar participant you will:
- Get to know your peers and staff in the Philosophy department
- Find out what others are working on and receive support and advice about your own research
- Read and discuss areas of philosophy outside your immediate specialisation and think about how they relate to your research
Proseminar schedule 2020/21
- 23 September (Beri Marušić)
- 07 October (Mahrad Almotahari)
- 21 October (Michael Cholbi)
- 04 November (Jen Marušić)
- 25 November (Michael Gill)
- 02 December (Fedor Benevich)
Seminars take place on Wednesdays, 13:00 - 14:30, via TEAMS.
Contact Jo Wolff for more information and to suggest topics for future seminars.