This online MSc is a unique programme
Does the mind work like a computer? Are there universal moral principles? What is the nature of knowledge, and how do I acquire it? How can moral responsibility be reconciled with a deterministic universe? Is truth the goal of inquiry? Is my mind in my head or can it extend beyond my skull and into the world? Are there such things as moral facts?
This online MSc in Epistemology, Ethics and Mind is a unique programme which provides a thorough grounding in contemporary philosophy, with a particular emphasis on those core research areas where Edinburgh has particular strengths: epistemology, ethics, and philosophy of mind and cognitive science.
This programme is unique:
- The programme reflects the internationally renowned research in philosophy that is conducted at the University of Edinburgh. No other research-intensive Department of Philosophy anywhere in the world runs an online MSc programme which is focussed on these core areas of philosophy.
- Its flexibility. You will be able to choose from a range of option courses to tailor your programme to develop your own specialised interest, under the expert guidance of our distinguished academics.
Introductory course videos
- Advanced Philosophy of Mind and Cognitive Science - Dr Suilin Lavelle
- Ethics - Dr Debbie Roberts
- Philosophical Methods II - Dr Martin Smith
- Philosophy of Mind and Cognitive Science - Dr Suilin Lavelle
Find out more about MSc Epistemology, Ethics & Mind
This presentation, delivered by Dr Suilin Lavelle provides a comprehensive overview of the programme.