College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Research Awards
Information about eligibility and the application process
The College Research Student Awards scheme is designed to attract high quality students applying for PhD research. The scholarships are available to postgraduate students intending to study for a research degree within PPLS on either a full or part-time basis. The awards are offered on a highly competitive basis and are subject to annual renewal.
Applications are welcome from students applying to study in any of our three subject areas: Philosophy, Psychology and Linguistics & English Language (LEL)
- These scholarships are funded by the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- The award provides full-time tuition fees (UK/EU or overseas level) with an annual stipend for three years (pro rata for part-time students) - see Find out more button below for further details.
- Successful applicants will have a very good undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and ideally will have, or will be studying for, a postgraduate masters degree (or equivalent).
- Existing PhD students (i.e. those in their 1st or 2nd year of doctoral study) are not eligible for this award.
Application process and deadlines
- Complete the application for the relevant PhD programme.
You must complete this step in order to get access to the scholarship application form.
- PhD Philosophy (Apply by: Monday 14th November 2022)
- PhD Psychology (Apply by: Monday 21st November 2022)
- PhD Linguistics & English Language (Apply by: Monday 14th November 2022)
- Complete the College Research Award application available on your application hub.