Funding for student initiatives
Welcome to the PPLS Student Initiative Fund
This fund is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students studying degrees owned by the School of Philosophy, Psychology & Language Sciences (PPLS).
You can apply for funding towards an event or initiative that will benefit your student community, including public engagement: schools, community groups, charities etc. Your event could be for an in-person or online event, meet up, or digital project. If you have secured funding from elsewhere, you can also apply for match funding.
- Set up a conference
- Host a speaker
- A writing retreat
- Organised an event
- Facilitate collaboration
- Sports or cultural events
- Community engagement initiatives
- Attending an external training/knowledge workshop, conference or event
We welcome your ideas!
Download the Event Planning Guide at the University of Edinburgh
Please complete an application form and return it to Student Support & Enhancement
Recent student events include:
- Undergraduate Linguistics Association of Britain (ULAB) 2018
- 10 undergraduate students organised the sell-out conference, which welcomed over 120 attendees from 24 institutions across the world.