Open to any postgraduate research students with an interest in semantics
Semicircle is a postgraduate group for discussion of papers in semantics. We meet fortnightly to read and discuss a wide variety of short papers in theoretical and experimental semantics, drawn from both Linguistics and Philosophy.
The convenor of this group is Thomas Stephen.
- David Lewis (1975) Adverbs of Quantification
- Friederike Moltmann (2004) Nonreferential Complements, Nominalisations, and Derived Objects
- Hazel Pearson (2011) A New Semantics for Group Nouns
- Jeffrey King (2002) Designating Propositions
- Tamina Stephenson (2008) Judge dependence, Epistemic Modals, and Predicates of Personal Taste
- Emmon Bach (1986) The Algebra of Events