Impact and public engagement
How our research affects the world beyond academia
We produce world-class research, and we are committed to using this research to engage and inspire people beyond academia. Our researchers work with practitioners in health, policy, education and the arts to make a difference.
Language evolution and artistic practice
The commercial and clinical impact of speech synthesis technology
Impact and public engagement stories
- UK's first museum of languages travels to Edinburgh
- Edinburgh summer shows: Memory, bilingualism and trickery
- Centres spread bilingualism benefits
- The art of conversation
- Edinburgh Multilingual Stories Festival
- Scots Wird Hunt at Edinburgh Libraries
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe: Languages, love and feminist philosophy
- Linguistics professor to inspire new generation of students at Summer Showcase
- Research at spring festivals: design, robots and debates
- Edinburgh International Science Festival: Am I really speaking?