Programme structure and assessment
This programme comprises two semesters of taught compulsory and optional courses, followed by a dissertation
After the two semesters of taught courses, you will conduct an individual piece of research and write a dissertation. The research project is performed under the supervision of an expert member of the teaching or research staff, often assisted by postdoctoral research fellows.
Examples of recent dissertation topics include:
- Large Scale Speech Synthesis Evaluation
- Digital Microphone Array - Design, Implementation and Speech Recognition Experiments
- Further Investigation of MDS as a Tool for Evaluation of Speech Quality of Synthesized Speech
- Dae ye ken me? Speech synthesis in the Gorbals region of Glasgow
- Exploiting linguistically-enriched models of phrase-based statistical machine translation
- Knowledge-lean approaches to metonymy
- Automatic speech recognition for disordered speech
Degree Programme Table (DPT)
Please note the programme structure reflects the courses available when it was last offered in 2019/2020. We will update the programme structure for 2021 in April 2021.
Information in the Degree Programme Tables may still be subject to change.