McIntosh-Patterson PhD studentship
Information about eligibility and the application process for the McIntosh-Patterson PhD studentship
We invite applications by 14 June 2021 for a fully-funded, three-year PhD studentship at the Angus McIntosh Centre for Historical Linguistics, starting September 2021 (or very shortly thereafter). The successful applicant’s primary research focus is expected to be on any aspect of historical linguistics that is within the expertise of the staff of Linguistics and English Language at Edinburgh.
- This studentship is funded by the Angus McIntosh Centre for Historical Linguistics.
- The award provides for full tuition fees (UK, EU or Overseas), and an annual stipend of £15,500 for three years.
- The successful applicant will have a very good undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and ideally will have, or will be studying for, a Masters Degree (or equivalent).
- Existing doctoral researchers (ie. those in their 1st or 2nd year of doctoral study) are not eligible for this award.
- International applicants are welcome to apply for this studentship.
- Complete the studentship application form and submit with the required supporting documentation by 14 June 2021.
- Online Interviews will take place in the week of 28th June - 2nd July.
14 June 2021
- The Angus McIntosh Centre for Historical Linguistics
- Queries regarding research interests: Professor Bettelou Los
- Queries regarding application process: PPLS Postgraduate Office