College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Research Awards
Information about eligibility and the application process
The College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is pleased to announce PhD scholarships for programmes in the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences (PPLS) starting in September 2022. The scholarships are available to postgraduate students intending to study for a research degree within PPLS on either a full or part-time basis. The awards are offered on a highly competitive basis and are subject to annual renewal.
Applications are welcome from students applying to study in any of our three subject areas: Philosophy, Psychology and Linguistics & English Language (LEL)
- These scholarships are funded by the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- The award provides full-time tuition fees (UK/EU or overseas level) with an annual stipend of £15,500 for three years (pro rata for part-time students)
- Successful applicants will have a very good undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and ideally will have, or will be studying for, a postgraduate masters degree (or equivalent).
- Existing PhD students (i.e. those in their 1st or 2nd year of doctoral study) are not eligible for this award.
- Read further information specific to subject areas.
- Complete the application for the relevant PhD programme. You must complete this step in order to get access to the scholarship application form.
- Complete the College Research Award application available on your application hub.
PhD application: Monday 22 November 2021 - we must receive your PhD application by this date in order to consider your application for this funding opportunity.