Funding for student initiatives
Welcome to the PPLS Student Initiative Fund
This fund is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students studying degrees owned by the School of Philosophy, Psychology & Language Sciences (PPLS).
You can apply for funding towards an event or initiative that will benefit your student community, including public engagement: schools, community groups, charities etc. Your event could be for an in-person or online event, meet up, or digital project. If you have secured funding from elsewhere, you can also apply for match funding.
- Set up a conference
- Host a speaker
- A writing retreat
- Organised an event
- Facilitate collaboration
- Sports or cultural events
- Community engagement initiatives
- Attending an external training/knowledge workshop, conference or event
We welcome your ideas!
Download the Event Planning Guide at the University of Edinburgh
Please complete an application form and return it to Student Initiative Fund
Recent student events include:
- Undergraduate Linguistics Association of Britain (ULAB) 2018
- 10 undergraduate students organised the sell-out conference, which welcomed over 120 attendees from 24 institutions across the world.