Linguistics and English Language

What to do if you have a disability

Including information about adjustments

Students are advised to discuss their needs with the PPLS postgraduate office in the first instance.

Students should also contact the Student Disability Service and arrange to see an advisor who may draw up a schedule of adjustments. It is important to make these contacts as early as possible in the academic year, to allow special arrangements to be implemented should these be recommended.

Student Disability Service

If you already have a schedule of adjustments

Students who already have a schedule of adjustments, and whose needs have not changed, do not need to contact the Student Disability Service, unless they wish to do so; the schedule will automatically remain in force. Adjustment schedules will be circulated to the relevant course organisers and course secretaries.


If there are problems with the implementation of adjustments for PPLS courses, students should contact the Co-ordinator of Adjustments.

Co-ordinator of Adjustments: Dr Vicky Chondrogianni