How we can help
We can contact alumni on your behalf, suggest venues and activities, and let you know the secrets of a successful reunion.
Please read through our quick guide and find out about all the support that we can provide to ensure that your return to the University is another Edinburgh memory worth cherishing.
If you require more information, or have any specific questions then please contact us.
Getting in touch with your reunion group
Please let us know who you would like to invite – a whole year group, a specific course, or a selected list – and we will search our alumni database to find out who is contactable in your chosen group.
We can contact alumni on your behalf by sending a letter or email to your selected group. Please note that we are not able to give you any contact details because of the Data Protection Act 1998.
You may like to provide a personal invitation letter for us to send along with our standard reunion communication. Remember to include your reply address and a deadline for responses so you can monitor who is able to attend.
Hints & Tips
- If you are already in touch with some of the group, you may like to share the event planning with them.
- Give your guests plenty of notice, along with an RSVP date.
Choosing a format, date and venue
You will know best about what type of event the group will enjoy - this can range from an informal drinks reception to a full weekend of events.
If you would like to hold your reunion in Edinburgh, you can choose from the University's range of venues and facilities.
Hints & Tips
- We recommend that you try to plan around a year in advance to make sure that as many of your chosen group as possible can attend.
- Don’t forget that you can make the most of discounted rates on venue hire, catering, and accommodation with your alumni card.
The finer details
We are happy to discuss logistics and arrangements to help your event run smoothly.
We can assist with setting up campus tours, and may also be able to put you in touch with your former department.
Hints & Tips
- If you are having your reunion in Edinburgh, you may like to visit old haunts, as well as seeing what has changed since you graduated
After your reunion
We will refresh our database to show who attended, and update contact details so alumni do not miss out on future events.
If you have any further questions, or require information that is not covered by the guide, then please contact us using the details below.