We are now accepting applications for this new and national online course for professionals returning to teaching or new to the Scottish Education System. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Moray House School of Education, in partnership with our six partner authorities (City of Edinburgh Council, East Lothian, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders and West Lothian) is offering this new online* Returning to Teaching course for primary and secondary teachers.
The course is designed for professionals who have a teaching qualification but have had a career break or are new to the Scottish Education system.
The course will be most relevant for:
- Those wishing to return to teaching in Scotland after a period away from the profession.
- Those wishing to teach in Scotland for the first time from both Primary and Secondary sectors.
- Those who wish to engage with the course to support a Professional Update submission to the GTCS.
- Teachers in the independent sector to support a potential GTCS registration application.
- Understand and engage with current National Education Policy and the Professional Teaching Standards in Scotland, providing teachers with information on recent changes in national priorities.
- Work collaboratively to develop an awareness of professional identity and teacher professionalism, discovering yourself as a learner and as a practitioner committed to career long professional learning.
- Develop a critical awareness of own values, beliefs and practices and how these align with the Professional Standards and current educational policy in Scotland.
- Consider and engage with key areas of social justice and equality in the classroom and develop thinking and strategies for a socially just classroom.
- Understand key legal and policy requirements relating to inclusive policies and strategies in school to address barriers to learning.
- To advise on current curriculum guidelines and their implications for professional practice.
- To increase confidence in completing applications and preparing for interview.
*The course will be delivered online over 12 weeks with two face-to-face Saturday sessions at Moray House School of Education, University of Edinburgh.
|On-Line Session opens
||Friday 5 January 2018
||Saturday 20 January 2018
||Saturday 24 March 2018
||Saturday 24 March 2018
The two face-to-face Saturday sessions will be delivered at Moray House School of Education.
Moray House School of Education, Charteris Land
2018 course fee / Application form
The fee for this course is £400.
To apply, please complete the following application form.
Returning to Teaching Course 2017: Application Form
2018 course flier