Innovation Initiative Grants
Does your club or society need help with funding? Do you have a great idea for a project or need funds to support your teaching or research?
The spring round of Innovation Initiative Grants is now open. The deadline for the submission of applications is 12 noon on Thursday 29 March 2018.
About the grants
Innovation Initiative Grants (IIGs) are funded by donors to the Edinburgh Fund, and could provide the kick start that you need.
IIGs promote new initiatives in teaching, research and student experience. Applications are open to members of staff (permanent and fixed-term), researchers and current students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) as well as EUSA, EUSA societies, the Sports Union and recognised sports clubs.
The IIG website
Please visit the secure IIG website for guidelines, checklists, full terms and conditions and details regarding how to submit your application.
If you can not access the website we advise that you try a different browser in the first instance. If you are still experiencing problems contact us at email@example.com or ring 0131 650 2240.
Other things to know about IIGs
- Applications are open for two six week periods each year that conclude in October and March.
- We award grants of up to a maximum of £5000 per project.
- Applicants may only receive one grant per academic year (students, academic staff, clubs and societies) and financial year (non-academic staff).
- Unsuccessful projects cannot be resubmitted.
- We do not fund projects that have already been completed or are due to start prior to results being announced (six weeks after the application deadline).
- Grants are not available to cover course fees, accommodation, living expenses or salaries. Please note that the salaries/wages of assistants/researchers etc. (not applicants) can be included as an expense if necessary. Grants are available to cover travel costs.
Tips for IIG success
- We receive hundreds of applications each year and standards are extremely high so please ensure that your submission follows the guidelines available on this website.
- Be creative, be daring but, most importantly, be accessible. Reading your application should animate and inspire, regardless of the subject matter.
- Think carefully about the budget you require and include as much detail as possible about your costs and how they enable delivery of the project.
- Don’t leave anything to chance by using the IIG checklist (available on this website) before submitting your application.
Help us promote Innovation Initiative Grants in your school, department or building by downloading the posters below or by spreading the word via email or social media. Suggested content for your social media posts are included in the promo kit below. Printed versions of the posters are also available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request them.
Spread the word
You can also use the image below to share on your social media channels.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your application please email us at email@example.com or ring 0131 650 2240.