Voluntary Severance Scheme 2020: Open for applications
Information on the University's Voluntary Severance Scheme 2020.
The Voluntary Severance Scheme is now open and will close at 5pm on Wednesday 23rd September 2020.
You can find everything that you need to know about the voluntary severance scheme on this dedicated SharePoint site:
The site contains comprehensive FAQs, including a short set of manager focussed questions, an online calculator to work out your estimated VS package and an online form to submit an application. The site is accessible from all devices, you’ll just need your university log in details if you’re accessing it from outside of the University network.
Timescales and eligibility
- The VS scheme is open for applications from 1st September until 5pm on 23rd September 2020
- If you decide to apply, you will hear the outcome in the last week of October/first week of November 2020
- If your application is approved, you will generally be expected to leave the University in line with your notice period and by no later than 31st January 2021.
The Scheme is open to all University of Edinburgh employees, at all grades. You are eligible to apply if you:
- Hold an open-ended post, or a fixed-term post which will end on or after 1 August 2021, and;
- Have been in the post you wish to leave for at least 10 months by 1st September 2020, i.e. you will have one year’s service in that post by the earliest anticipated leaving date of 31rd October 2020.
Your application will not be considered if:
- Your salary costs, in full or in part, are directly charged up front to a research grant
- You are a named researcher on a project and your leaving the University would adversely impact the funding and/or completion of the project, including the employment security of other staff
- Your post is fixed-term and is due to end between 1st September 2020 and 31rd July 2021
- You have, by 1st September 2020, already given or received notice to leave the University
- You are employed by a subsidiary of the University, either in the UK or overseas.
All other terms, including details of the VS package and how applications will be assessed can be found on the VS 2020 SharePoint site.
Please remember that VS can only be offered if it offers the opportunity for sustainable savings to be made.
If you have any questions not covered within the VS 2020 SharePoint site, please contact our dedicated VS Scheme Coordination Team at VS2020@ed.ac.uk. If anyone is having difficulty accessing the site, they should contact the IS helpline IS Helpline.