Coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for staff and students


Guidance, advice and support for students self-isolating.

You will need to self-isolate if:

  • You have travelled to Scotland from a country which is not exempt from quarantine requirements.

  • You have symptoms of Covid-19.

  • You have been contacted by the NHS Test and Protect team and identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 symptoms.

  • A member of your household has tested positive for Covid-19 or is displaying symptoms. The way we have defined “Households” is in line with government guidance, which defined households in student accommodation around shared facilities such as bathrooms, kitchens and pantries.

If you are self-isolating because someone in your household has tested positive - even if you have not met them or had recent contact with them - you may have still come into contact with the virus from shared facilities.

Please read the Scottish Government guidelines for further information on who needs to self-isolate.

Tell us you are self-isolating

If you’re self-isolating, you will need to let the University know by completing our self-isolation contact form. We can then ensure you receive all available support to help you during this period.

You must also inform us if you receieve a positive test result for Covid-19. This must be done even if you have already completed the form to advise us that you are self-isolating. 

Self-isolation contact form

What to do if you need to self-isolate

Please make sure you understand what you should do if you are required to self-isolate.

University accommodation

Guidance, advice and support for students self-isolating in University managed accommodation.

Private accommodation

The Covid-19 Support service provides guidance, advice and support for students self-isolating in private accommodation.

Mental health and wellbeing support

We recognise that self-isolation can be hard and we have a range of resources to support you.