Latest update (27 July):
- 18 to 29 year-olds registered with a GP in Scotland can now register for their Covid-19 vaccine
- Information about Semester 2
- Welcome to the 2021/22 academic year
We have a total of 13 active cases reported to us by our students and staff. Active cases are defined as those who have reported to us that they have tested positive for Coronavirus and who are currently within their self-isolation period. We continue to work with NHS Lothian’s Health Protection team to ensure that these students and staff, and those around them, are provided with the information and support they need.
Advice and support
We are asking students to be vigilant regarding any Covid-19 symptoms and for all students to follow guidance as appropriate. We are continuing to monitor the situation, keeping our students and staff informed as appropriate, and following all Scottish Government guidance. We are providing care and support to those self-isolating both in University-owned and private accommodation.
- Please contact us if you have any concerns or questions that are not answered on these webpages
- If you are not contacted directly as part of this process, you can continue to attend classes/lectures, or work as normal
- If you have any concerns about your health in the meantime, or if you need to book a Covid-19 test because you have developed symptoms (high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change in sense of smell or taste) please visit the NHS Inform website or for non-clinical advice call 0800 028 2816. Remember to stay at home if anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19.
General advice and support for all students and staff including information on University services, health and self-isolation, travel and official resources.
Guidance about symptoms, contact tracing and advice on what staff should do if someone becomes ill with Covid-19 on campus.
How the University will support and continue to pay staff during the Coronavirus outbreak, including guidance for those able to work from home.
Additional guidance on academic matters and the support available for students currently studying at the University of Edinburgh.