Photos by our international students reveal what they have discovered in Edinburgh.
A world view
Our image gallery shows the winners of the International Office's third annual photography competition on the theme of “Edinburgh discovered”.
Students from 61 different countries submitted entries. Participants came from places as diverse as Azerbaijan, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Hungary, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Korea and Zimbabwe.
The competition was held as part of our Global Horizons Festival, which highlights, celebrates and promotes the diversity of our international student population.
You can view all entries to the competition on the Global Horizons Facebook page.
- First prize
- Mohammed Hirzallah from the United Arab Emirates
- Second prize
- Jing Xie from China
- Runners-up (chosen by the Principal)
- Kelly Joyce Johnson from the USA
- Sarah Meisenheimer from Germany
- Runners-up (chosen by the International Office)
- Zhiyong Li from China
- Manuel Loeffler from Germany
- Melisa Mincova from Slovakia
- Anuja Kanani from India
- Elzbieta Kaminska from Poland
- Muliadi Utomo Tampubolon from Indonesia
- Fabianne Vivier from South Africa
- Yu Yang from China
- Ivan Zovko from Croatia
International students at Edinburgh
Our worldwide reputation for excellence in both teaching and research attracts students from all over the world.
More than 26,000 students from 137 countries attend the University and 25 per cent of those students are from outside the UK.
Studying at Edinburgh - international students