What matters to you?
A range of student experience surveys has been launched to provide the University with vital feedback on the experience and satisfaction of our students.
This year, the Edinburgh Student Experience Survey for non-final year undergraduates will run for a second year.
This will run alongside the National Student Survey, which seeks the views of final year undergraduates on their programme of study and the University as a whole.
Postgraduate students will also be surveyed in the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) from 1 February 2014.
The Postgraduate Research Survey is due to run in 2015.
Complete your student survey online now:
How we use the findings
Findings from previous research with students are currently being used to shape on-going investment in enhancing the student experience.
Recent improvements that have resulted from student feedback include:
- improvements to libraries, study and social spaces, including the Main Library refurbishment and the new Noreen and Kenneth Murray Library at Kings Buildings
- Student Information Points, which provide signposting to student services and answer questions on any aspect of student life
- improved assessment and feedback processes, ensuring all schools notify students of when and how they can expect to receive feedback
- newly introduced and award-winning peer support initiatives
- Personal Tutors, who provide academic guidance and support