Team Members (and associated): Current and Alumni
Daniel J. Simpson
Post doctoral position with a PhD in precision medicine studying epigenetics in the context of ageing and rejuvenation. I am working on an anti-ageing drug discovery pipeline utilising a novel approach to epigenetic age prediction.
- Twitter- @DanielJSimpson4
- LinkedIn - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/daniel-simpson-a367081a9
- Google scholar/Publications - https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8431-7384
- Research Gate - https://www.researchgate.net/scientific-contributions/Daniel-J-Simpson-2130943510
Eric Latorre Crespo
I am a postdoctoral cross-disciplinary fellow (XDF) with a PhD in the field of Fourier Analysis and Machine Learning experience. I am interested in addressing biomedical challenges from an analytical perspective. Modelling the time-evolution of Age-related Clonal Haematopoiesis.
- UoE profile - https://www.edweb.ed.ac.uk/profile/eric-latorre-crespo
- Google scholar/Publications - https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=mjilMB8AAAAJ&hl=en
Neil A Robertson
PhD student in the MRC Precision Medicine Programme. Ageing, senescence, epigenetics and age-related clonal haematopoiesis. I have a background in functional genomics/transcriptomics, now dabbling in the genetics of somatic clones.
- UoE profile - https://www.ed.ac.uk/profile/neil-a-robertson-mrc-precision-medicine-phd
- Google scholar/Publications - https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=mUjqorwAAAAJ&hl=en
- Research Gate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Neil-Robertson-4
I am a postdoctoral research fellow with a PhD in Molecular Biology and more specifically in epigenetics of early development. In the distant past I have worked in a variety of fields including molecular interactions and crystallography, clinical genetics, biobanking and cell therapy, but have found lasting interest in the biology surrounding DNA methylation and its links to cellular programming, senescence and aging. I currently investigate the interface between senescence and aging with innate immunity.
- UoE profile - https://www.research.ed.ac.uk/en/persons/nelly-olova
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/NeliOlova
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/nelly-olova-22a6a835/
- Google scholar/Publications - https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=jsDGmbEAAAAJ&hl=en
- Publons - https://publons.com/researcher/1575067/nelly-olova/
I’m an MSc Bioinformatics Student, with a previous BSc in Biomedical Sciences, at the University of Edinburgh. Modelling telomere attrition in the senescence of hematopoietic cells.
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabriel-j-benitez-112786171/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/WhoIsGabBenitez
I am a PhD student in the MRC Precision Medicine Programme with a BSc in Genetics and MSc in Cancer Sciences. I am studying heterogeneity in the ageing human haematopoietic system by using single-cell approaches. Specifically, Investigating differences in individuals with Clonal Haematopoiesis or Myeloproliferative Neoplasms bearing the JAK2V617F mutation.
- UoE profile - https://www.ed.ac.uk/profile/maria-terradas
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/MariaTerradas
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/maria-terradas-terradas-82b66461/
- Google scholar/Publications: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=p8pyZ2sAAAAJ&hl=es
- Orcid - https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3823-8968
I am a PhD student on the Wellcome Trust Translational Neuroscience programme and previously carried out my undergraduate degree in Genetics at University College Dublin. I am investigating the role of microglial senescence in ageing and neurodegenerative disease.
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/sarah_a_kent
- Google scholar/Publications - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sarah-Kent-13
I am a PhD student in the MRC Precision Medicine Programme with a background in molecular life sciences and bioinformatics. I am investigating molecular mechanisms of kidney injury and repair using functional genomics methods.
- UoE profile - https://www.ed.ac.uk/profile/mreck
I graduated from a MSc program in Bioinformatics at the University of Edinburgh. I am working on Robust age prediction in mouse based on average methylation per genomic region.