Inspiring the next generation of researchers
Resources and events for teachers and students.
Scientists from the MRC Human Genetics Unit are actively inspiring and educating future generations of researchers through:
- Involvement with local high schools, in particular our partner school, Broughton High School.
- Regular participation in the Edinburgh Science Festival
- Participation in the Institute of Genetics and Cancer Science Insights Programme
- Creation of a data resource on genetic variation for schools
- Other activities that involve encouraging science and scientific thinking among school-age students
We welcome approaches by interested teachers from local schools for research talks and activities, careers days and science fair judging.