Guidance on how to apply for 4year PhD programme
Application guidelines - 4 year MRC Human Genetics Unit PhD programme
Deadline for applications: Friday 19 April - Interview date: Friday 17 May
How to Apply:
- Click the following link to apply for the 4 year MRC Human Genetics Unit PhD Programme
Please note that the online application system does not have a 4 year PhD option, so all applicants should choose PhD (full time) 3 years.
- Before clicking the “apply” button, applicants should select their start date as September 2019.
- In the programme tab, applicants should copy and paste information from their covering letter in the personal statement section, and should copy and paste the following text into the research topic section “To be decided following 6 month rotational period prior to commencing PhD studies.”
- In the research project section, please enter project titles of interest and rank them in order of preference.
- Applicants should state Professor Nick Gilbert as supervisor.
- Applicants should enter details of 2 academic referees to support their application and should ensure they select “yes” in the email reference request section.
- Please upload a copy of your covering letter and CV as well as any undergraduate/postgraduate degree certificates/transcripts and English language certificates where applicable.
- You are not expected to upload a research proposal for these studentships.
- Under the finance section of the application, please enter Medical Research Council, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine.
For full funding (fees and stipend) students must be UK or EU citizens.
For further information, applicants should refer to the student user guide for online applications in the event that they are unsure what to do: http://www.test.euclid.ed.ac.uk/Student/UserGuides/Web_Guides/OnlineApp.htm