Careers Events: Spring 2020
Information on upcoming careers events that may be of interest to postgraduates.
Full details of all events listed below can be found on MyCareerHub.
Careers in Life Sciences mini fair
Thursday 30th January
6:00pm – 7:30pm
· A mini-careers fair offering an opportunity for students to meet representatives from a range of life science companies, gain insights into industry and explore opportunities for students and graduates.
· Organisations attending include: Almac, AMICULUM, Charles River, Fios Genomics, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies UK, MedAnnex, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Quotient Biodiagnostics and the Scottish Life Science Association.
Please note: this event will be of particular interest to biomedical postgraduate students.
DBMS Alumni Insights Career Showcase
Thursday 6th February
6:00pm – 8:00pm
· Meet BMS Alumni whose careers have developed in different ways and gain career insights, inspiration and advice.
· Open to students of all years. This is a great way for early year students to get an insight into possible options and how your degree helps you to progress.
· Speakers will include a trainee Patent Attorney, a medical device Sales Specialist, a current PhD student and a banking graduate scheme entrant.
Graduate Entry Medicine
Wednesday 4th March
2:30pm – 4:00pm
· An introduction to what’s involved, advice from Edinburgh Medical School’s Admissions Manager, and a chance to put questions to a panel of current graduate entry medical students.
Careers in Healthcare Science
Wednesday 11th March
2:30pm – 4:00pm
· NHS Lothian will provide an overview of career options in healthcare science; focusing on lab-based opportunities, including Clinical Science and Biomedical Science roles.