Fees, deposits and living costs
Information on tuition fees, fee deposits, and living costs.
Click on the relevant link below to find your tuition fees.
Tuition Fee Search
Search by academic session, level of study or school. Alternatively you can select the academic session and type in all or part of your degree programme in the 'keyword' field.
Tuition Fee Deposits
Guidelines for applicants required to pay a deposit to a specific College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine programme, including payment dates, waivers and refund policy.
1. Who is required to pay a deposit and how much?
A deposit is required by applicants for some of our programmes. You can find out if you are required to pay a deposit by checking your chosen programme in our Degree finder.
Applicants who accept a conditional offer of admission, unless eligible for a deposit waiver, as detailed in point 5 below, must pay a deposit. The deposit will be offset against the tuition fee payable at the time of matriculation.
2. When must the deposit be paid?
The deposit must be received by 28 days after the date of the offer letter. In the case of late applications an earlier deadline may apply.
For all Conditional offers issued up to and including Monday 15 August 2022, a deposit must be paid within 28 days of the date that the Conditional offer was made. For all Conditional offers issued from Tuesday 16 August 2022 onwards, deposits must be paid within 7 days of the date that the Conditional offer was made. For those applying to Postgraduate Professional Development to start outwith September 2022, a deposit must be paid within 28 days of the date that the Conditional offer was made and before you start on your first course.
Deposits for MSc Surgical Science must be paid within 28 days of the date that the conditional offer was made, or by Monday 8 August 2022, whichever comes first.
Deposits for Masters of Public Health (on-campus) must be paid within 56 days of the date that the conditional offer was made, or by Monday 4 July 2022, whichever comes first. If you receive a conditional offer for MPH (on-campus) after 4 July 2022, you must pay the deposit by Monday 15th August 2022.
3. How can the deposit be paid?
This is the University's preferred payment option and must be used when making payment by credit/debit cards (all major cards accepted).
4. Implications of non-payment by due date
If we have not received the deposit by the stated deadline, the application will be withdrawn without further notice. It is therefore essential that applicants have funding for their deposit in place before applying.
If an applicant is still interested in retaining a place on the programme but has for any reason not been able to pay the deposit by the deadline, the applicant should contact the Admissions Office, firstname.lastname@example.org without delay to discuss the circumstances.
5. Deposit waiver
The deposit may be waived on proof of a scholarship covering full tuition fees having been awarded to the applicant by a recognised body, or proof of full sponsorship from an employer. In order for the deposit to be waived, official documentation confirming full scholarship or sponsorship must be sent to the Admissions Office: email@example.com. Holders of partial scholarships must pay the required deposit.
6. Refund Policy
- Applicants requesting a refund for any reason within 14 calendar days after the payment date will be refunded in full.
- Refund requests received more than 14 days from the payment date will only be considered if the applicant's visa application has been refused, or if application has been rejected due to failure to meet the conditions of offer which have been set. Proof must be provided and should consist of a copy of the official documentation received, for instance from the UKVI for visas, or the relevant language testing centre for English qualifications. Requests should be made at the earliest opportunity.
- If no attempt has been made to meet the required conditions after the conditional offer was made, the deposit will not be refundable.
- Applicants whose visa application is rejected due to fraudulent documentation or due to conditions which the applicant could have foreseen will not be eligible for a refund.
- In the unlikely event that the programme is cancelled, a full refund of the deposit will be made.
To find out how you can apply for a refund of your Tuition Fee Deposit please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find the University’s admissions terms and conditions here:
Applicants will be responsible for securing funding to cover all fees and living costs. Living costs are in addition to tuition fees and additional programme costs and estimated costs are given on the following website: