How to apply
Information about Science Insights 2018
Applications for Science Insights 2018 will open in February 2018.
If you are interested in the programme, please see our application criteria below.
Who can apply to Science Insights?
We welcome applications to Science Insights if you are:
- In your 5th year of High School (currently in S5, moving into S6 in August 2018)
- Attending a high school in Edinburgh, East Lothian, Midlothian, West Lothian, Fife or Scottish Borders
- Able to attend all five days of the programme: One full week from 23rd-27th July 2018
- Able to travel to our four locations in the Edinburgh area (EH4, EH8, EH16, EH25)
Widening participation is at the heart of the University of Edinburgh’s agenda, so we work with the Widening Participation team to ensure places are assigned to students from a range of social, cultural and educational backgrounds.
How do we decide who gets a place on Science Insights?
Places on Science Insights are limited and we can only judge your application on the information you include on your application form.
We are looking for applications that demonstrate that you are:
- Enthusiastic and interested in biological sciences research
- Curious, keen to learn and ask questions
We also want to hear about:
- Why you want to attend the Science Insights programme
- What you think you will get out of attending Science Insights