The Clinical Skills Centre is a versatile area suited to a variety of different types of educational and informal practice.
The Centre is used predominately by undergraduate medical students but we also host many multi-professional courses. Our flexible centre can be adapted to suit whatever the clinical or educational need.
Facilities available include:
- Four-bedded simulated ward complete with SMOTS camera technology. Interactive whiteboard. Four mid-fidelity manikins with clinical monitoring
- Simulation room with SimMan ®, SMOTS technology. This adaptable room can be configured into many different types of clinical area and comes with drug cupboard, piped gas and surgical scrub sink
- Two large teaching rooms with removable partition to make one large space. These rooms have various part task trainers that allow for the introduction and practice of clinical and resuscitation skills in a safe environment. SMOTS cameras and interactive whiteboard
- Large room with tables, interactive whiteboard and SMOTS cameras, suitable for debrief of teaching, communication skills teaching and clinical meetings
- Large L shaped room with comfortable seating for debrief of teaching, communication skills teaching and clinical meetings. This room also has an area for informal scenario practice, small library, SMOTS camera
- Harvey ® cardiopulmonary trainer. This full sized portable manikin realistically simulates many cardiac diseases.
The Clinical Skills Centre is situated on the first floor of Chancellor’s Building It is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.